In preparation for the election of a new South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, the current Acting PCC Steve Pick urges the public to share their views about what’s important to them.
Steve Pick, Acting PCC says: “The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will be running a series of engagement activities to gather your opinions on what’s important to you from a police and crime perspective.
“The ‘This is your South Yorkshire’ engagement campaign forms part of the work we’re carrying out to ensure that the newly elected PCC, following the by-election on 30 October, is fully up to speed with what’s important to local people and what some of the key issues affecting you may be. We’re keen to hear from you so I’d urge you to use this opportunity to share your views to help shape the future Police and Crime Plan.”
The campaign incorporates a number of feedback channels and all feedback will be recorded to form part of the briefing information for the new PCC. In turn, the This is your South Yorkshire feedback will then inform the development of the Police and Crime Plan.
The public engagement activity will take place over the next five weeks starting this Friday, 26 September, and will focus on one geographical area per week with a round-up of views in the final week on 24 October relating to the whole of the South Yorkshire area. The schedule is as follows:
- Barnsley, Friday 26 September – 8am to 8pm: #YourBarns
- Doncaster, Friday 03 October – 8am to 8pm: #YourDonc
- Rotherham, Friday 10 October – 8am to 8pm: #YourRoth
- Sheffield, Friday 17 October – 8am to 8pm: #YourSheff
- South Yorkshire-wide, Friday 24 October – 8am to 8pm: #YourSY
How to get involved
The channels available for the public to have their say on each of the above dates are as follows:
- Twitter – start your tweet with @SYPCC and finish with the relevant #hashtag (as above)
- Email – send your views to email@example.com with the relevant #hashtag in the subject line (as above)
- Phone - call 01226 774600 (line open until 4.30pm), quoting the relevant #hashtag (as above)
Remember that this is your South Yorkshire so simply choose whichever channel you prefer from the list above and let us know what you think on the relevant date. We’ll ensure that your views are shared with the new PCC to help inform the future policing priorities in South Yorkshire.
Posted on Wednesday 24th September 2014